Quality Input = Meaningful Output / Accurate Quote
Whether you are a manufacturer looking for a custom sheet metal enclosure for an access control system, a program cabinet for marketing your automotive aftermarket products, a custom tool box specifically designed to fit your tool and accessories, or any other specialty product that requires custom fabricated sheet metal components, Bull Metal can meet your needs.
The question many perspective customers have is; How do I get started? What information do I need to provide to the company I have chosen to quote on the project?
The first thing we need to know; what is the end use of the product and how it will be used; tool box, electronic enclosure, chassis, industrial storage product, novelty box, promotional cabinet, etc.
The second thing we need is a sense of what your estimated annual quantity requirements may be. Many times if the project is a new product to the market, this number is a guestimate – which is OK. The answer to this question may impact how the job is designed and constructed which in turn relates to the machines and equipment used to produce the cabinet, enclosure, box, chassis, etc. Bull Metal Products will approach your project with the most economical design and construction techniques to minimize the production cost.
From here, it is primarily all about the construction details to develop the most suitable, cost effective design that meets your requirements from both an end-user perspective for fit and function, and from an aesthetic perspective for the nature of the industry that your finished product is serving.
Below is a general list of details we need answered in order to provide you with a meaningful quote.
- Is the job required to meet some sort of industry standard, or code requirement (NEMA, UL, etc.)?
- What is the weight of product going in or on the fabricated sheet metal container/product (tool box, program cabinet, industrial storage product, enclosure, etc.)? This helps in determining the gage of metal best suited for your product.
- Is it a design that requires a hinged door or cover?
- Does it require threaded studs, stand-offs, or other inserted hardware?
- What penetrations are required? – mounting holes, knockouts, etc.
- Does it require welded internal parts? – Brackets, dividers, etc.
- Hardware – other hardware requirements; cam locks, handles, catches, hasps, gaskets, rubber pads, etc.
- What type of finish; powder coat, anodize, plate? What color?
- Is labeling or screen-printing required?
- Are there any sub-assembly requirements as part of our value added work such as mounting a relay or transformer?
- Packaging; bulk or individual, specific packaging requirements?
The above list is basic information needed to quote any type of project. As no two projects are exactly the same, it is likely there will be other pertinent information that is specific to your product that will need to be considered in our quoting process. Give the experts at Bull Metal Products a call to discuss the details of you project.
All products proudly made in the USA by skilled American workers.