Keeping your garage and or manufacturing facility warm in the winter. The New Year is announcing itself in New England by providing us with sub-zero temperatures. The temperatures can make any outdoor worker or person who works in a manufacturing facility miserable during the cold days. Happy and warm employees equal productive employees. Here are some ways for your manufacturing and garage employees to stay warm in the winter.
- Install a heat pump. We manufacture the enclosures for these and they can be an effective way to heat smaller spaces. There are three types of heat pumps: air-to-air, water source, and geothermal. They collect heat from the air, water, or ground outside your building and concentrate it for use inside.
- Insulate the walls. This will also keep it cool in the summer.
- Replace weather stripping on doors and windows. If you feel air seeping into the garage, use a pry bar and flat scraper or putty knife to strip the old weather stripping. Using the knife will make the process much easier. The cleaner and smoother you can make the surface, the easier it will be to install the new weatherstripping, and the better it will seal.
- Keep extra gloves and hats around. Keep spares around for employees who have not brought them in.
- Keep a list of how to stay warm in the facility. This list may include tips to instruct employees on how to layer clothing etc to keep warm.
CONTACT BULL METAL PRODUCTS
Phone: (860) 346-9691
Fax: (860) 346-2722
Safety in the workplace is a top priority for most employers these days. Having a plan for emergencies can alleviate the possibility of a crisis. Each first aid kit should include small and large sterile gauze pads, adhesive bandages, gauze roller bandages, triangular bandages, wound cleaner, scissors, a blanket, adhesive tape, latex gloves, resuscitation equipment, elastic wraps, a splint and clear directions for obtaining emergency assistance. Bull Metal offers custom steel first aid boxes in bulk.
For a smaller company, 2 to 3 first aid kits should suffice but for larger companies, it is essential to provide several first aid kits so that employees have easy access to them in case of emergency. You can contact OSHA to obtain information on the adequate number of kits you will need for your specific number of employees.
There is also a requirement for the location of first aid supplies. The rules state that a first aid kit that is properly stocked with supplies should be “readily available” and easily accessible when emergencies occur. Like other requirements, this can depend on the type of work being done. If you have a larger company, Bull Metal can manufacture steel or aluminum first aid boxes in bulk. We can also screen print your company’s logo on the front of the first aid box. Like all Bull Metal products, each individual box will be individually manufactured with steel or aluminum, and then powder coated to ensure it’s longevity. We can also custom manufacture the box so it is in shape you would like. Most first aid boxes are a simple square, but we can also make a first aid box that looks like a red cross.
Bull Metal Products | 191 Saybrook Rd., Middletown, CT 06457 |Ph: 860.346.9691 Fx: 860.346.2722 | E-mail: email@example.com