Keeping your garage and or manufacturing facility warm in the winter. The New Year is announcing itself in New England by providing us with sub-zero temperatures. The temperatures can make any outdoor worker or person who works in a manufacturing facility miserable during the cold days. Happy and warm employees equal productive employees. Here are some ways for your manufacturing and garage employees to stay warm in the winter.
- Install a heat pump. We manufacture the enclosures for these and they can be an effective way to heat smaller spaces. There are three types of heat pumps: air-to-air, water source, and geothermal. They collect heat from the air, water, or ground outside your building and concentrate it for use inside.
- Insulate the walls. This will also keep it cool in the summer.
- Replace weather stripping on doors and windows. If you feel air seeping into the garage, use a pry bar and flat scraper or putty knife to strip the old weather stripping. Using the knife will make the process much easier. The cleaner and smoother you can make the surface, the easier it will be to install the new weatherstripping, and the better it will seal.
- Keep extra gloves and hats around. Keep spares around for employees who have not brought them in.
- Keep a list of how to stay warm in the facility. This list may include tips to instruct employees on how to layer clothing etc to keep warm.