Tool Box Organization
Bull Metal has been a manufacturer of steel tool boxes since 1954. From specialty tool boxes and cabinets to custom drill indexes and large tool chests, we manufacture quality boxes that can be designed to meet your specific requirements. After receiving your tool box, there are certain steps you can take to keep it clean and organized which will keep your tools clean and organized. Keeping your toolbox organized has many benefits; it prevents theft, cuts down misplaced tools, and ensures that tools that get damaged don’t get unnoticed.
1. Place heavier tools in the bottom drawers. This provides stability and has the added benefit of keeping heavy tools near ground level for chests that are portable.
2. Put sockets and commonly used small tools in the top drawers so that they are easily accessible.
3. Purchase a label maker to mark which tools are in which drawer.
4. Use dividers to keep small nuts and bolts separate from each other.
5. Fix or throw out broken or damaged tools. These take up space and can be a liability.
6. Try sorting tools by function. If you often use 2 specific tools together, store them in the same drawer.
7. Clean oil and grease stained tools with paint thinner. BE SURE TO WEAR A MASK AND WORK IN A WELL VENTILATED AREA.
Check out Bull Metal’s wide selection of tool boxes both portable and stationary.