Bull Metal prides itself on providing a safe working environment for our employees. We have taken several steps to ensure that everyone has the proper training to work safely and efficiently. Here are some steps you can follow to keep your employees safe at your shop.
1. Everyone must wear safety glasses. Even if you’re not working a machine, a piece of metal could fly into your eye from another machine.
2. Don’t wear loose clothing or jewelry. Anything longer than it has to be could get caught in a machine.
3. Wear appropriate shoes. Steel toes are recommended for employees working with metal. Open toed shoes or sandals are not safe!
4. Listen to the machines you are using, if they are making a noise you have not heard before, do not use them.
5. Do not leave the machines unattended.
6. Be aware of what and who is around you. You don’t want to bump into someone using a dangerous machine.
7. Tie long hair and beards back. You don’t want it to get caught in machinery.
8. Don’t use a machine unless you have properly trained on how to use it.
9. Know where the first aid kits are in case of emergency.
10. Keep your work area clean. This will prevent slips and falls that can cause injury.